The clinical licenses and credentials listed below are consistent with the MaineCare Benefits Manual, Chapter II, Section 65.02-9.
Note: Having a relevant clinical license or credential does not automatically qualify an individual for MHRT/CSP certification. Please see the section called Options for Obtaining MHRT/CSP Certification in this manual for more detail.
Relevant full clinical licenses and credentials:
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Counselor (LMFT)
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC)
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Psychiatric and Mental Health Practitioner
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Psychiatric and Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist (APRN-PMH-CNS)
- Psychological Examiner
- Physician’s Assistant (PA)
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Relevant conditional clinical licenses:
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor-Conditional (LCPC-conditional)
- Licensed Master Social Worker Conditional Clinical (LMSW-conditional clinical)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Counselor-Conditional (LMFT-conditional)
Note: If there are revisions to the MaineCare regulations, these changes may apply to the above relevant credentials.