To receive full MHRT I certification, all of the following must be received:
- An application cover letter with the applicant's current return address and a phone number at which the applicant can be reached during normal business hours;
Legible photocopies of current certificates (or official transcripts if using a degree) for completion of:
1) Mental Health Support Specialist training; OR ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Residential Care Specialist (RCS) certification;
- Full Mental Health Rehabilitation/Community (MHRT/C) Certification (Or MHRT II or III);
- Master’s Degree in Social Work;
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Community Mental Health or other Master’s level education that reflects a counseling concentration;
- One of the following Master’s Level Clinician Licenses: LMSW; LMSW-CC; LCPC-CC; LCPC; APRN,CCS (Certified Clinical Supervisor); Psy. D/Ph.D. Psychologist; or MD/DO Psychiatrist
2) A 40 hr Certified Residential Medication Aide training, dated within two years of date of application; OR a CRMA Refresher to the 40 hr training, dated within two years of date of application;
3) Accepted Behavioral Intervention Training, dated within one year of the date of application;
4) A First Aid training, completed within two to three years of date of application - depends on the training, the card must be current at time of application.
5) A CPR training completed within one to two years of date of application - depends on the training, the card must be current at time of application.
Mail or fax the above information to:
The Center for Learning
12 East Chestnut St.
Augusta, ME 04330
Fax: (207) 626-5022