People who work in the MHRT/Community (MHRT/C) role provide services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness. These services include:
- Community Integration
- Intensive Case Management
- Assertive Community Treatment
- Skills Development
- Day Support Services
- Family Psycho-Education
(as outlined in Chapter II, section 17 and 65 of the MaineCare Benefits manual)
You can qualify for MHRT/C certification through a variety of ways, such as:
- Academic Coursework (Please see Appendix A for a list of where courses are available)
- Non-Academic Coursework (i.e. relevant trainings or workshops)
- Credit for work experience (for up to five courses). See the section on waivers in the procedural guidelines for requirements on waivers.
* There are three different levels of certification: Provisional MHRT/C, Level A; Provisional MHRT/C, Level B; and Full MHRT/C certification.*
You will find information and requirements for MHRT/C certification in the procedural guidelines.