Overview for Trainers:
The Trainer and Curriculum Standards for Non-Academic MHRT/C Certification are part of a quality assurance program for training and education of community support workers. These standards are for individuals who are interesting in learning about the non-academic MHRT/C competencies and trainer requirements. The purpose of the standards is to assist trainers to:
- Meet non-academic MHRT/C instructor's requirements.
- Complete the application process for becoming an approved non-academic MHRT/C instructor.
- Develop curricula and instructional approaches that adequately prepare community support workers to provide quality services.
While reviewing the trainer and curriculum standards, you will find information on the following topics:
- Quality Assurance Standards
- Core Trainer Qualifications
- Core Curriculum Standards
- Course Competencies
- MHRT/C Knowledge Competencies Course Crosswalk
- Application for Teaching the Course
Please note: The Trainer and Curriculum Standards for Non-Academic Mental Health Rehabilitation Technician/Community (MHRT/C) Certification were updated in September 2008. Please read the introduction of the Standards for a summary of significant changes. It is available in Adobe Acrobat format.