IMPORTANT MHRT-RELATED DATES and DEADLINES
June is here and tends to be a busy month as the State Fiscal Year (SFY) closes on June 30, schools are out, gardens are in, and summer vacation preparations are underway!
This month’s newsletter serves to remind folks about pending deadlines and other important dates:
- June 1 – Beginning this month, the 18-hour continuing education requirement for MHRT/C certificate renewal must include a minimum of six hours of live training. This can be face-to-face or real time (live) webinars or classes, NOT asynchronous classes.
- June 14 – Deadline to apply for the MHRT/C Domain 5 Train-the-Trainer session. Qualified trainers can apply to attend a train-the-trainer session for the Domain 5: Policy Knowledge MHRT/C non-academic course. Information on how to apply is located on the CFL-Muskie.org website, under the MHRT/C, Non-Academic Training tab. Space is limited. There is no fee for the training.
- POSTPONED-NEW DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON June 29-30 – MHRT/C Domain 5 Train-the-Trainer. Thursday June 29, from 8:30AM – 4:00PM, and Friday June 30th, from 8:30AM – noon. This training event is being offered via Zoom. (See above to apply.)
- June 30 – Deadline to apply for renewal to train MHRT/C Domains 2 and 8. Trainers approved to teach Domain 2: Community Inclusion and Integration and Domain 8: Vocational Support, must reapply for approval to teach for another three-year period. Information about the renewal process is located at the above referenced website, CFL-Muskie.org website, under the MHRT/C, Non-Academic Training tab.
- July 14 – MHRT/C Non-Academic Trainers’ Summit, on Zoom from 9:00 AM-10:30 AM. More information to follow.
Save-the-Date(s): Please note there are two locations to choose for the MHSS training below. The application to attend is coming soon. It is not available yet.
- November 27 – MHSS Trainer Recertification at UMA in Bangor. A full-day update for current trainers.
- November 28-30 – MHSS Train-the-Trainer at UMA in Bangor. Three full days for new trainers.
- December 11 – MHSS Trainer Recertification at AngleZ Behavioral Health in Augusta. A full-day update for current trainers.
- December 12-14 – MHSS Train-the-Trainer at AngleZ Behavioral Health in Augusta. Three full days for new trainers.